Thursday, August 30, 2012

Magic City


We just received an order from the props department at Magic City and are so very excited!  We disconnected our cable years ago so I'm a bit out of the loop on television shows but this one looks amazing.  Magic City is set in 1959 Miami Beach and appears to be a mid century modern style mecca.
I'm a complete sucker for beautifully designed sets and amazing cinematography (Pushing Daisies, anyone?) and this show seems to have it all.  The pictures on their site are so grand and opulent and true to the period.  I've often imagined what it would be like to be able to shop for a large project and found this article to be very enlightening.  And now, our little shop gets to be a small part of this very big project.
You can bet I'll be catching up on this series and keeping my eye out for the adding machine, perhaps on the side of a Paul McCobb desk where a beautiful secretary sits in her Eames chair with her perfectly placed pin curls and pencil skirt.  Oh, I just can't wait to see it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment