Sunday, August 26, 2012

Commas Save Lives

What?!  You don't believe me?  Well, just look at the two sentences below and see if you disagree.
Let's eat, Grandpa!           vs.           Let's eat Grandpa!
See what I mean?  This is important stuff my friends!  A few years ago my girls and I read the book Eats, Shoots, and Leaves: Why, Commas Really Do Make a Difference and really enjoyed it.   It's definitely worth checking out from your local library if you haven't read it.  Lots of good stuff in there!

Knowing how important punctuation is, can you imagine how excited we were when Big Daddy and I came across this little cutie on one of our typography quests?  Isn't she pretty!?  I've been admiring all of the marquee letters on Etsy and thought this lovely would be the perfect place to start.  Big Daddy did his electrical thing and I added a little trim to the inside and I must say that I absolutely adore her!

Say, you know what the real problem with this thrifting/upcycling lifestyle is?  You want to keep every last fabulous thing.  I do keep a few from time to time but this one I'm going to share.  (I've already called dibs on the first pi and ampersand we come across, don't you worry.)  I think I'll hang her in my bedroom for now, you know, just to keep her safe and all.  In the mean time you folks watch that punctuation.  Commas really can save lives!

2 comments: