Saturday, August 4, 2012

Borrowed Thrift


Disney Tin Tray - Vintage Walt Disney World Round Serving Dish
I've been thrifting for a long time and you know what that means...  I have a LOT of stuff.  Yes, it's fabulous stuff but even if you put a bunch fabulous things together it's still just a pile of stuff.  And my piles are piling up.  That means it's time to start sharing some of my favorite things in the shop.
Disney Tin Tray - Vintage Walt Disney World Round Serving DishI think I'll begin with a couple of vintage Disney serving trays I found some time ago and fell in love with instantly.  The old school graphics are absolutely charming.  And can you just imagine using them to serve at your next backyard barbeque?  I can.........(queue dream sequence)............................................
Disney Tin Tray - Featuring Florida Walt Disney Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck. Goofy The Eames chairs resting comfortably on the bright green AstroTurf covered patio....me in my ruffled half apron exiting through the sliding glass door with these trays held high...the brightly colored shiny aluminum tumblers full of icy Tom Collins nestled safely in the souvenir of our most recent Disney vacation...in the other hand a plate of deviled eggs, carefully sprinkled with my best Hungarian paprika and garnished with curly parsley on the side. (Oh my, maybe I'm not ready to let go just yet.)  But the truth is that I don't have the Astro Turf to really put these babies to good use so I'm going to have to pass them along to someone more worthy of their retro charm.  And that is one of the things that is the most fun about this thrifting life.  I get to spend some time with all of these lovely things before passing them along.  It's sort of like borrowing from a friend.  Yes, that's exactly what it feels like.  And now it's time to send them off to someone who does have the patio to put them to use.  (I just hope they invite me to the shin-dig.  I could use a good Tom Collins!)

No comments:

Post a Comment