Friday, June 22, 2012

What is it?

Sometimes when you're thrifting you find something you love but aren't quite sure what it is.  I really enjoy these moments and just can't wait to get home to do a little online digging.  Today I thought I would share with you one of my favorite things for sale in the shop (that I am secretly glad hasn't sold and so get to admire it every morning when I get up...shhh).  Isn't it fabulous?  It's the perfect blend of industrial complete with rotating mirror, shiny gooseneck and funky little toggle switch. ...swoon...  But what is it?  Well it's an Agglutination Viewer, of course.  (That part's easy since it's written nice and legibly across the bottom, but that wasn't much help for me.)  
Apparently this little slice of pie is used in blood banks for typing, cross matching, and other blood bank-y things.  Today these little guys are made of plastic (of course) and are simply not much for looking at.  But this little guy, well he's hawt!  He's the sort of strong silent type that will sit quietly in the corner just waiting to be noticed.  And when you do notice, boy howdy...

No comments:

Post a Comment